Heated Mirrors, again

Gentlemen, you wrote;

>Why do you consider it stupid?  I gets the dew off of them very quickly.
>Both my 540i and my former 944 also had this feature.  I found it most
>helpful.

First I don't consider the idea of heated mirrors stupid.  I consider the idea
of heated mirrors constantly on even during the middle of summer stupid.  They
were supposed to work with the rear window defogger switch. This was changed in
mid-year 1997.  I can guarantee you that your BMW and Porsche worked with a
switch much like pre-97 VWs.

>From what I understood the heater kicks on, and has a Temp Sensor or something
>of another that has it turn on and off.. Sorta like the heated seats..

You understand incorrectly.  The mirrors remain on whenever the ignition is on.
Next July feel your mirrors around 3pm and see if the Temp Sensor is working.

My original question still stands.  Are the mirrors heated whenever the
ignition is on?  I seriously doubt VW changed this feature back.  If they did I
would like to know the fix.

Later,