ABS on a '97 (again)

 OK, so I guess I should've been paying attention in the last few weeks or
months, but I wasn't so spare the lectures :).

I am visiting my girlfriend about ten hours from home and my ABS light went
on.  Then it went off for two days -- and now its on again.  So the question
is, whats the problem.  I want to get this fixed as soon as I get home, so
any and all replies would be greatly appreciated.  I am still under warranty
and I KNOW the idiots at my dealer are going to give me the runaround so I
just want to know what is going on before I go to them.

Thanks in advance.
- -erik
'97 Jetta GLX