Fit and Finish: Plastic molding on the door

Dudes and Dudets,

(Do we have any Dudets in this group?)

Hey, Door trim, It sucks!  I recently had my passenger side front door trim
replaced after it started falling off at the trailing edge.  What engineering
genius decided to attach this trim piece with double sided tape!!??  The
dealer replaced it because they said the had to return a part to VW to get
reimbursed under the warranty.  There was only about six inches of it coming
off. All they had to do was put some more tape on it.  Go figure.

Question:  Have any of you had similar problems with the color coded side
molding on the doors of your GLXs??

I would like to know if this is a common problem with the GLXs.  In case more
starts coming off so I might get VW to reimburse me for it.  Don, has there
been a TSB on this??

Thanks,

Joe