Re: GLX or GTI vs. BMW 328is

John Hamill wrote:

> Spank a 328is?? HAHA, you're high on drugs again. The BMW suspension alone
> (it's way better than VW's - a VW is an economy suspension, it doesn't
> compete in the same price range) is enough to make a VW totally irrelevant.
> The 328 is't much slower than an M3. Perk up the 328 a bit with some
> aftermarket stuff and the VW is long gone. I don't even see why you're
> comparing the cars at all. Compare something compatible, like a Maxima, or
> Camry V6.
> John

I've spanked a number of 325/328i's and the few that I haven't, I've
been
half a car length behind. My car is stock, except for a P-Chip, modded
air-box w/ K&N & Pirelli P700s. BMW makes awesome cars and if I could
afford it, I would trade-in my GLX for an M3 in a heartbeat!

But a 328is? At roughly $10-12K premium over the GLX, it's not worth
the ride, at least for me.

//VA
97 Jetta GLX