Re: ABS warning light!! -Reply

At 02:02 PM 8/25/97 -0500, you wrote:

>>happen??  My car is about two months from the end of its two year
>>warranty and I sure as hell don't wont to have to pay to have an ABS
>>problems fixed.  That can't be CHEEP!
>
>Go to the dealership, complain about the problem and (even if they can
>not find anything wrong with the car at this time) make sure that the
>incident was documented BEFORE your warranty expires.  If the same
>problem reoccurs later, VW should be responsible to fix it as if the car is
>under 24/100 warranty.
>
>Vojin
>
>Vojin, The warranty is 24 months or 24,000 miles. I agree that if you
think there is a problem than a visit to the VW dealer is necessary to
generate a paper trail. However if the problem doesn't replicate it self
within a normal period of time or miles when the car is out of warranty
than the chances of VWOA participating is low. Better check you Warranty
booklet for the items covered under the 10 year 100,000 you might be in for
a shock. The same goes for the Emission Control Warranty. VW has been
changing and deleting alot of componets that use to be covered. I guess
because the FEDS have changed the standards.

Don