Re: ABS warning light!!

At 01:22 PM 8/25/97 -0500, you wrote:
>Guys and Don especially,
>
>I was coming back from lunch to day, and shortly after starting my car
>and driving a block or two down the street I noticed that my ABS warning
>indicator on the left edge of the dash was lit as well as my break light
>on the instrument cluster.  I checked the parking break and it was off.
>At a stop sign I turned the car off and turned the key to the run
>position and off again a couple of time and then started the car. Both
>lights went out.
>
>Should I be worried about this incident?? The break fluid was recently
>changed by the dealer. Could they have done something to cause this to
>happen??  My car is about two months from the end of its two year
>warranty and I sure as hell don't wont to have to pay to have an ABS
>problems fixed.  That can't be CHEEP!
>
>Later,
>
>Joe
>
>Joe, First whenever you start your car the ABS computer performs a
electrical check of al componets. When the car begins to move the light
should go out. If the light comes on while driving its usually a speed
sensor problem. I suggest you take the car to the dealer and have them
check the ABS system for any codes. For whatever its worth: The ABS used in
VW and Audi has been very very trouble free. I only see 1 complaint a year.

Don
deecee@exit109.com