Re: MSRP and Cost of the 97 GLX (long) -Def of NEW

At 2:47 PM -0500 8/25/97, S. Joseph Mann wrote:
>Yeah, I'm thinking about trying this with a Audi A4 30valve in a year or
>so.  Sorry
>guys, isn't the point of life to constantly improve one life style?

Yeah, but let's get real here. I've been comparing notes between the GLX
and Audi/Beamer/Mercedes (I'm just a German car kinda guy, I guess.. I
couldn't bear really buying anything else), and I can't imagine spending
that much dough on a car. I mean I'd go out and buy a Hummer or an ATV of
some sort (or even import a Corrado and spend the saved bucks on modding it
to be a convertible, etc.) before I spent more than $25,000 for a car in
the GLX's class.

If you're talking about a car >>> (much greater) than a GLX, then fine. But
I simply don't think that an A4 or an A6, or even an A8 are *THAT* much out
of the GLX's class.

Me, I look at a GLX as the "little baby cousin" of the Audi family. It's
got the same blood, just a different shell. BMW and Mercedes make fine
automobiles, but just to drive one that's WORTH driving, you have to fork
out >> $25,000. Just my opinions, I'd love to hear yours.

- -Khan

Khan Klatt					   khan@pacificrim.net
Pacific Rim Network, Inc.			    (360) 650-0442 x13
http://www.khan.org			     http://www.pacificrim.net

       A member of the VERIO group of Internet Service Providers