Re: Dew in headlight

- --------------8735502EB1B6FA90EAE95AED

Eric,

Be careful with the hair dryer.  I once tried to clear the moister from
the lens of my girlfriend's 95 GTI-VR6 with a hair dryer and the chip in
the lens where the moister had entered became a HUGE crack, and I had to
replace the lens.  The lens couldn't take the high heat.  The dryer will
work.  Just set in on a LOW heat setting and give it time.

I have a 95 GLX myself and live in Austin TX. where the humidity is in
the 90% range on a regular basis. I have NOT experienced any
condensation on the inside of my lenses.  Check closely for cracks
and/or chips in the lens.  And inspect the gasket around the bulb.

Has anyone else had any trouble with condensation on a well sealed head
light lens??

Jettamann

CONIPC@aol.com wrote:

> condensation in headlights should be removed so as not to shorten life
> of
> bulbs.  pull  the bulb, use a hair dryer to dry inside. most
> importantly,
> check the seal of the unit and bulb to prevent recurrence

> Subject:
>           Dew in headlight
>      Date:
>           Sat, 23 Aug 97 17:18:17 EDT
>     From:
>           Eric Bosco
>        To:
>           jettaglx@igtc.COM
>

> Hi All,
>
> Just noticed tham my right headlight on my 95 GLX is full of moisture.
> What should I do about it? Take it apart to wipe it off? Should I not
> really bother and let it go away (it has been really humid in DC of late
> with some rain).
>
> Anybody else had this problem?

- --------------8735502EB1B6FA90EAE95AED

<HTML>
Eric,

<P>Be careful with the hair dryer.&nbsp; I once tried to clear the moister
from the lens of my girlfriend's 95 GTI-VR6 with a hair dryer and the chip
in the lens where the moister had entered became a HUGE crack, and I had
to replace the lens.&nbsp; The lens couldn't take the high heat.&nbsp;
The dryer will work.&nbsp; Just set in on a LOW heat setting and give it
time.

<P>I have a 95 GLX myself and live in Austin TX. where the humidity is
in the 90% range on a regular basis. I have NOT experienced any condensation
on the inside of my lenses.&nbsp; Check closely for cracks and/or chips
in the lens.&nbsp; And inspect the gasket around the bulb.

<P>Has anyone else had any trouble with condensation on a well sealed head
light lens??

<P>Jettamann
<BR>&nbsp;
<BR>&nbsp;
<BR>&nbsp;

<P>CONIPC@aol.com wrote:
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE>condensation in headlights should be removed so as
not to shorten life of
<BR>bulbs.&nbsp; pull&nbsp; the bulb, use a hair dryer to dry inside. most
importantly,
<BR>check the seal of the unit and bulb to prevent recurrence</BLOCKQUOTE>
&nbsp;
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE>
<PRE>Subject:&nbsp;
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Dew in headlight
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Date:&nbsp;
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Sat, 23 Aug 97 17:18:17 EDT
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; From:&nbsp;
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Eric Bosco&nbsp;
&nbsp;Reply-To:&nbsp;
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; jettaglx@igtc.COM
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; To:&nbsp;
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; jettaglx@igtc.COM

Hi All,

Just noticed tham my right headlight on my 95 GLX is full of moisture.
What should I do about it? Take it apart to wipe it off? Should I not
really bother and let it go away (it has been really humid in DC of late
with some rain).

Anybody else had this problem?</PRE>
</BLOCKQUOTE>
&nbsp;</HTML>