explain THIS!

ok, so work closes early today, I end up driving my way home. At about 1
mile before the location where I totaled the GTI in the rain, - just
where the traffic disappears - I can finally begin going faster than 15
mph. So i give the glx some gas - WHAT THE F**K!!!!!!!!?!?!?!??!?!?!?

the gas pedal is dead on the floor, and the engine is at IDLE!!!! I
quickly pull over to the side of the road. I look at the pedal, it's not
stuck, just loose! , open the hood , and as I guessed the throttle cable
had snaped!!!!! right at the throttle body!!!!

I pull the 2 inch piece of cable off of the throttle body to examine the
break, and it looks weird!!! it looks like it was heated, the brite
steel cable was blue and brown at the break, also some of the cables'
"strands" looked fused together!!  in other words it looks like the
cable had broke and was tack welded for a quick fix.... I am PISSSSSED!

by the time I get to my friends shop here in town and call my dealer
they are closed!!!

the car  is a 96glx, no I am not the first owner - bought it with
15,800miles.... still has bumper to bumber coverage...

I am calling the dealer first thing in the morning.
- -pissed jim
96GLXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX