95 Premium Stereo System

Guys,

Thanks, to whom ever sent me the wiring diagram for the Premium Stereo
system.  Although I've seen math equations that were easier to read!
Talk about vague! Sorry I don't have your name. I'm at home and your
original emial is at work.

I have a question about the amplified antenna on the GLXs.  I had my
head unit out the other day (and disconnected and reconnected the
antenna in the process) and now the reception seems much weaker. I still
get my presets in stereo but with a great deal more static than I had
before. Constant on some stations.  Does the antenna draw power from the
antenna connection on the head unit itself?? Or, is there a power lead
going to the antenna from somewhere??  The diagram shows two connection
to the radio for the antenna but does not explain them in detail.

I've noticed 5 or 6 leads in the power connector for the factory head
unit. Two I know are power leads, constant and ignition key. One is a
ground. And another is the dimmer.  That's four. I'm thinking that one
of the others may power the antenna. They seem like "amp on" leads.  Any
ideas guys????  Don??

Thanks,

Joe