VR6 Clutch

The VR6 engine uses a similar clutch setup as a Audi 80,90,100,Porsche
944,944 turbo,VW Type 1,Type 2,Dasher,Quantum.
They use a conventional flywheel,diaphragm pressure plate,clutch disk, and
a clutch release bearing. However in all cases the weakest link is the
clutch release bearing sleeve.  The VR6 Jetta GLX is no different. We are
starting to replace clutches at low miles. My boss is covering them under
warranty even though close inspection reveals the damage has been done by
customer abuse. "Hot Rodding."

My Service Manager  wants to maintain a high CSI rating so therefore the
technicians are paying due to cheap warranty reimbursement from VW.

So to all the GLXers with clutch complaints it may be due to a release
bearing sleeve that has gone dry. "I hope not from Hot Rodding"

Don