Re: Da Da Da and my totally cool dealer

> From: S. Joseph Mann
> Ok, I give, What's a DE?!

That is the GTI VR6 Driver's Edition that's available now.  It's mostly a
color/trim package with a slightly lower and stiffer suspension.

> Oh, Mark, did he say anything about VW putting the 30 valve Audi V6 in
> the new Passats??

I'll try to field this one.  The '98 should be available in a month or two.
 Only the sedan will be initially available and it will have the 20v 1.8
Turbo 150hp 4cyl (the first gasoline-turbo for VW).  Sometime down the road
the 30v 6cyl and the TDI will be available as well as a wagon and a Syncro
version (Hooray! I love my tired old Quantum Syncro) in various
permutations.

- -Chris