Re: Force treatment

you wrote:
>this weekend I saw some box at my uncle's house, it looked like a wax
>kit or something, I said what the hell is this? it's called the FORCE.
>
>it's a soft piece of material about 8 inches long, you stick it in your
>airbox on the dirty side of the filter and it "treats" the air by
>releasing a catalyst to make the air/fuel mixture more combustable.
>package says you get more complete combustion, more hp and torque, and
>it cleans the valves & such.....  they do say that this is the first
>product that treats the Air not the fuel or oil, and gives you almost
>instant results, with no  chance of damage to your engine... they dont
>say whay the catalyst is however, I wonder if that soft thing is soaked
>in ether or something????
>
>anyway 3 pieces for $30 (1 year treatment) get it at auto stores.
>my uncle got the (empty) box from a friend, he's gonna try it today or
>something...
>
>thoughts?
>-jim

I'M NOT EXPERT... THAT'S FOR SURE, BUT READING YOUR MESSAGE REMINDED ME OF
TWO THINGS. MY AUNT ONCE TOLD ME THAT HER FRIENDS FOUND THIS REMARKABLE
GADGET FOR YOUR CAR... MORE HORSEPOWER... BETTER GAS MILEAGE. IT WAS CALLED
A "Paser Magnum."  Hey... she bought one because the McGills had gotten them
and SWORE They worked! I ordered once. The $29.95 plus S&H seemed reasonable
for what this thing did. It was from a company in Lousiana. God! I was 18 at
the time... too young to question why this place used a P.O. Box and had no
phone number.

It came though and I couldn't wait to put it on my 1974 Firebird Formula
with a 350 engine. (You had to specifiy if you had a 4, 6 or 8 cylinder
engine.) I opened it. There were copies of articles inside saying that this
product would be suppressed if the oil companies could do so. It was
revolutionary!!! The gasoline industry was about to be cahnged forever...
PATENT PENDING?!?!?!?!

It was a string of wire that you placed on your distributor cap. You took
off the plug wires from the distributor and plugged this thing between them.
Each of the eight little plastic cylinders held some magic SPARK ENHANCER.
It was supposed to burn the gas better from this spark booster.

To make a long stroy short. I am now 41 and I don't think PASER MAGNUMS
revolutionised ANYTHING except the schmuck who "designed" it's bank account.
I still have it out there in the garage... Still in the box. I took it off
after I had trouble with my car a few weeks later and some mechanic said:
"What's this piece of crap doing here?" Anyone care to try it out?

All, I was at the fair a few months after I got the PASER MAGNUM. I came
across another MIRACLE device that claimed the same thing... increased
power, better mileage. This time, howver, there was a guy showing you how it
worked RIGHT THERE!!! This device was similar to the PASER MAGNUM, except it
was an insert between the common wire of the distributor instead of around
all plus wires. It was a brown ceramic, rocket shaped device that just
slipped right on.

MY OH MY!!! The guy had a tach there. When he slipped this puppy in, the
RPMs went up about 500!!! When he took it out, it died right down!!! The
suckers lined up and bought them like hot cakes. (I wonder where the
throttle pedal or switch was hidden???) Hey! This messterpiece is still in
my garage too. I can't even think of the name, but it only cost $5!!!

You know I ran both of those lunatic things on my car at once. The only
difference I noticed was that I was short almnost 40 bucks!!!

You know my aunt, bless her heart, called me up to ask my opinion of those
mini satellite dishes for your TV sets that they advertise all the time for
about $12.... She was ready to buy one thinking she'd get HBO and
everything. I replied: "Auntie, they're nothing but rabbit ears with an old
ashtray turned sideways to look like a little satellite dish. Do yourself a
favor and don't make the crook who came up with this scam any richer than he
is!"

SO will your gadget work??????  I dunno... I'm not expert, but I have been a
victim before. Thank Goodness that's when I was young and dumb and full of
cuX!!! Caveat Emptor!!! Let the buyer beware!
Thom