Force treatment

this weekend I saw some box at my uncle's house, it looked like a wax
kit or something, I said what the hell is this? it's called the FORCE.

it's a soft piece of material about 8 inches long, you stick it in your
airbox on the dirty side of the filter and it "treats" the air by
releasing a catalyst to make the air/fuel mixture more combustable.
package says you get more complete combustion, more hp and torque, and
it cleans the valves & such.....  they do say that this is the first
product that treats the Air not the fuel or oil, and gives you almost
instant results, with no  chance of damage to your engine... they dont
say whay the catalyst is however, I wonder if that soft thing is soaked
in ether or something????

anyway 3 pieces for $30 (1 year treatment) get it at auto stores.
my uncle got the (empty) box from a friend, he's gonna try it today or
something...

thoughts?
- -jim
96GLX