Re: VW door noise and Audi V6 power train in new Passat

Khan,

If you've gone though the procedures mentioned below (and, no guys, I
don't assume these are the only diagnostic methods) and can conclude
that the noise only occurs while the car is in motion, I think you can
be pretty sure that it is the black rubber "door frame seal".  If so,
this can be corrected by tightening the door latch pin.  BUT!!, as new
as you car is I would insist that the dealer fix the problem.

Side note: Guys, that squeaky "interior door trim panel" problem I've
(and many of you have) been having and can't seem to get the dealer or
VoA to fix. Well, I got a call today from VoA in MI. It seems that
filling a complaint with the BBB AUTO LINE seems to have got their
attention.  The guy from VoA today said that he felt that it was
ridiculous that the dealer and the lower ranks of VoA were giving me
such a hard time about fixing this problem.  Within a few hours of get a
call from the BBB A.L. he was on the phone to the Service Manager of my
local (and ONLY) VW dealer.  He said, "FIX IT, even if you have to
replace the whole interior door panel!" Cool!!

OH!! news flash!!!!!!!!!!!  He said that the new Passat (only) is going
to have an all Audi power train.  So those of you who are intrigued by
the new 2.8L 190 HP Audi 5 valve V6, can check it out in the new
Passat.  I think he also said that the Audi 4 Cylinder Turbo will also
be available in the Passat.

Later,

Jettamann