Re: VR6 ECU

The 27C512 is VERY common.....  VERY common! I have scads of'em in my
junk box!!! They have a small "window" on them that is probably covered
with a sticker indicating the firmware version number. If this sticker is
removed, sunlight will ultimately ERASE the programming. In fact, I have
a UV box which accelerates the erasing of the Eprom so I can "burn" new
information on it. The programming is done through the "legs" in an EPROM
burner. The whole process is like a floppy diskette. I can take a new
EPROM and stick it in a "burner" and copy the contents to the PC. Then I
piut a blank EPROM in and dump the code to the new one..... Waalaaa! A
dupllicate. The burner does a checksum test to confirm the EXACT
replication. The code can looked at and modified etc. It also can be
saved onto a floppy diskeete or a harddrive!!!  KEWL, huh? Methinks we
ought to sniff one and rewrite it ourselves!!! hahahahahahaha

Thom

 diskette