Re:

At 07:45 AM 8/12/97 -0500, you wrote:
>is the 98 model year going to be a restyled body for the jetta or is it
>going to wait until 1999, does anyone know?  the redone passat looks sharp
>and distinct in the model line.  they have revamped the engines.
>dealerships, which do not select positively for intelligence, have no idea
>when the a4 body is coming.  please help!

When I bought my GLX about a month ago, I specifically asked the dealer
when the new body styles of both models would be in.  He told me he new
Passat was due late this Oct.  (He also said that VW is notorious for being
tight-lipped about new model information., so he didn't have any pricing
info.)  He explained that the the new Golf/Jetta body wouldn't be here
until the '99 model year.  VW always releases their new models in Europe a
least a year before North America gets it, and volkswagen.de is still
showing the current body.  Later this fall, I imagine that will change.

				Dave

Dave Petke			DoD # 1615
Kennett Square, PA		AMA#429282

Sport-tourers of ALL sizes!
'96 Suzuki Bandit 600		(lightweight)
'96 Triumph Trophy 900	(middleweight)
'97 VW Jetta GLX		(heavyweight)

Fast!?  I was doin' a hundred, easy!!  - Bugs Bunny in Rabbit Transit