Re: Technical Bulletins

I finally installed the Eclipse last night so I have an idea of what is
going on.  When you pulled the stock deck out you will notice THREE
harness.  One is the CD Changer controls the second is the speaker
attachments the third are the powerlines..etc.  Running from the Speaker
harness to the powerline harness is a black line.  This is your turn on
lead for the amplifier and is the one you wire to your headunit's amp
turn on lead.  Also remember to have the DIN-12 adapter to wire of the
antenna on correctly.  To check it your amp is even turning on, after
playing the system for awhile go back and see if the Bose Amp is hot at
all.  I plugged my Eclipse system in and will tell you that you
definately will notice a difference.  It seems that the Panasonic head
unit must have some kind of bass boost because I lost a bit of bass in
the switchover...Oh well, sub goes in next week.  OVerall though the
system still sounds great!  I have the describtion of all this on my
site and will have lots of photos scanned in by the end of next week.

Mark Radelow
VW Jetta Homepage
jetta.aosi.net