Re: Technical Bulletins

At 10:50 PM 8/4/97 -0400, you wrote:
>I have the following copies for anyone who needs them.
>
>Wiring Diagrams 1997 GLX Bose Radio Systems

If you could send the Bose Radio Diagram, I'd appreciate it.  I've pulled
the factory head unit and heve my new Sony ES  head unit ready to go in.
Everything is hooked up. (and, yes, just hooking up the positive leads for
the speakers works!  Believe it or not!)  The only two things I can't
figure out:

1. The head unit is rated for 17W RMS 40W peak.  Although good, it doesn't
sound quite as strong and clear as the factory head/amp.  I think something
is missing and the amp isn't activated and is currently passive.  (I think
the power from the Sony unit is merely passing through.)  I have a low
voltage amplifier lead from the head unit that is just dangling. (an
activator, perhaps?) I suspect it hooks somewhere into the "third block"
from the factory head unit that doesn't hook to anything in the VW wiring
adapter.

2. I get NO AM reception.  I positive that I have the wrong antenna
adapter.  (the one with no power lead)  There is a power antenna lead from
the Sony unit and it plugs into the VW adapter antenna lead, but there is
something else on that "third block" marked for an antenna but no
corresponding connection.

Dave Petke
Kennett Sq., PA