Re: Premium audio Watts?

On 8/5/97 12:44PM, in message <H000030e075f3313@MHS>,
ANDREW_ATWELL@HP-PaloAlto-om20.om.hp.com wrote:

> Anyone know the RMS power rating for the Panasonic Premium Audio head
> unit?  I am thinking about a small upgrade.  keeping factory head unit
> and speakers, put bass blocking circuits on the stock speakers, and
> adding a powered Collins 8"subwoofer.  Any thoughts?  suggestions?
> Comments?  Anyone have experience with the Collins Subs? or could give
> me insite on the pluses and minuses of enclosed vs. tube/vented vs.
> bandpass subs?

Just my comments, take them as such.. but I agree with Butthead, "you can't polish a turd".
The only wattage spec in the manual is 20w x 4, but that's obviously a wishful guess of peak
power.  I'd guess RMS is something like 3w (no shit).  GET RID OF THAT THING.  You won't
regret it...

- --
Kevin Collins
collinsk@pacbell.net