Re: A/C Experiences?

At 12:06 PM 8/4/97 -0400, you wrote:
>GLXers:
>
>My red '95 GLX does not seem to have that eyeball chilling A/C that I expect.
> I live in the upper mid-west, so I am wondering... those of you with
>black/black that live in the south, does your A/C keep up?  Is mine in need
>of a boost?  Or is it just that this new coolant that our government has
>forced us into is simply a lousy substitute?  Any comments?
>
>-Steve Mercer
>
>Steve, Absoultely not true. I have done work on 134 cars and had center
duct temperature down to 38 degrees. After about 3 to 5 minutes the car
should be very cool. We have had ongoing problems with a/c condensers and
periodic evaporator leaks. Have the system evacauted and recharged. Ask the
technician how much freon was removed before recharging. The system takes
1.8 lbs to fill. Have them check inside the car with a leak detector to
check the evaporator.

Don