Re: The VW Service Manual

At 09:31 AM 8/1/97 -0500, you wrote:
>Guys,
>
>Is it worth purchasing the "VW" service manual?? Does it contain the
>fault codes, how to obtain them from the computer and how to resolve
>them??  Is there a better manual??
>
>Thanks,
>
>Jettamann
>
>VW has gone to a "World Wide" style of manual. They came out with an
intial series of books. Between printing we get inserts for certain pages.
When a reprint is shipped only the updated book is replaced. We still have
a 94 General Engine repair manual. If you want a print out of the codes I
can get for you. Without a VAG 1551 or a Generic Scan tool they will be of
no use. I beleive as of 1996 VW had to make the codes readable by Generic
"Snap On" scanners. Before that only a VAG 1551 could be used.

Don