Re: VW door panels

At 09:24 AM 8/1/97 -0500, you wrote:
>Don (or anyone),
>
>Can you get us the VW part numbers for the clips and the vapor barrier
>for the Jetta GLXs?  I'll try to work up a new tech procedure for Mark
>Radelow's new Jetta page. Or any of the Jetta pages for that matter. If
>I wind up doing my own doors, I will take photos of the guts of the door
>and the procedure.
>
>Joe Mann
>a.k.a. - Jettamann

Joe, I will get the part numbers tomorrow. FYI the factory uses a thin
plastic sheet as a vapor barrier. When ever we have a door panel off to
replace a window motor etc. we always replace with the new style vapor
barrier. A much thicker liner. I have been cheating by cutting around the
clips. Once you take your door panel off you will see what I am talking
about. The only way to get the clips out is to break them off and punch out
whats left.

Don