Re: factory stereo sys on GLX

> From: Jim Bazzano
> Alpine IN DASH CD player - I see almost no point ever getting a cd
> changer, I carry a case of over 50 cd's in my car- I want to hear what I
> want when I want, not have to go into the darn trunk. just my opinion

I agree, in-dash is better, the only added value of a changer being that I
can still listen to those 2 or 3 cassettes I have still have lying around.
wow.

VW did have an in-dash OEM style (not to be confused with the JVC units
that were available at NY NJ CT dealers) CD player available in the early
'90s that worked only in cars with active speaker.  I never actually saw
one, though.  I don't think they sold many because it was very expensive,
like ~$700!

BTW, good luck with the new car!

- -Chris