Re: factory stereo sys on GLX

Whatever you do, do not buy the changer the dealer wants to sell you!
You can install the
SAME changer, Panasonic makes the CD-Changer for volkswagen's with the
Bose
Music System. The Panasonic CX-DF601 ($250) is completely compatible
with the
Bose Music System head unit that comes in the VW Jetta GLX's '97. All
you need to do
is hook it up via the VW-PAN cable made by Precision Interface
Electronics:
(800)526-8590. They also make similar converters for other car
manufacturers and
CD-Changers. The whole thing ran me $280! instead of the $800 the dealer
wanted me
to spend. I'm extremely happy with the sound and it has not skipped yet,
I mounted it
right in front of the factory amp and just had to replace the factory
cable with the
Panasonic + VW-PAN.

Those gray seats on the GLX are leather. I like them, but I would have
prefered Beige as
they call them.