Re: VW Emblem

Donahue C. Herrero wrote:

> Has anyone painted their VW emblems?
>
> How did it turn out?
>
> What type of paint did you use?
>
> thanks in advance,
>
> Don
>
> * Corrado-l Sponsor: http://www.lazarus.ca CCA: http://www.corrado-club.com *

I have.  I used "Gloss Black" Krylon from the local hardware store.
Now, don't y'all get all crazy and flame me for using common spray paint
rather than some over-priced, "dealer-recommended" product (brings back
memories of the spark plug debate...).  It looks GREAT!  My original
chrome-like emblems were terribly faded, so I had to do something.  I
wet sanded both the front and rear emblems using a very fine sandpaper.
Once they were dry, I sprayed 2 very light coats from about 2 feet.
When the paint had completely dried, I put them back on the car.  The
"Gloss Black" looks awesome against the grille and blends in wonderfully
with the "Plum Metallic" on the rear.

- --
Indo... Y'all!
Plum Metallic'92 SLC