Re: GLX on car and driver mag

     Although I did read this article and am probably as biased as everyone
     on this list this is what I found while searching for a new car last
     month (when we got my wife 07 jetta glx).  Keep in mind I also own a
     94 Passat glx.

     The acura is a nice car but is not comfortable over the long run.  It
     is ok at legal  speed limits but the high revving engine gets annoying
     running at 80 after a while.  The seats suck.  I found them very
     uncomfortable.  Felt like a boy racer car.  On the plus side I found
     the interior quite acceptable and liked the no nonsense dash.  I'll
     pass.

     We could not drive the contour as it was not out yet but last summer
     we spent two weeks in a rental in the pacific northwest.  This was the
     first american car we thought we could own.  Again the seats were
     unconfortable but I did like it better than the acura as far as
     styling.

     The audi is very nice but a lot more expensive for the same
     ammenities.  If I could not have gotten a deal on the GLX we probably
     would have got that.  The new passat will probably be our next car (it
     is based on the A4).

     I did not drive a saab as I did not really like the styling of the
     sedan.  I much preferred the older version of the 900.

     The clincher was I drove a friends 97 Jetta GLX and the only change he
     had made was getting rid of the eagle ga's and putting on SP8000's.
     Totally transformed the car.  I think the Jetta would not have been
     last in the test if they put better tires on it.  The changes to the
     suspension are much better than when I first drove the Jetta GLX in
     95.

     Anyway just some thought on friday morning ...

     Have a great weekend people ...