CD Changer Noise

Hello people,

   This is my first message on this mailing list. I have a 95 glx and I
recently had the clarion cd changer installed. It sounds great at higher
volumes, but when the volume is low I hear a static type of noise, ( like
when the radio can not tune in a station.)

   Is this really bad? Will it go away? Should I take it back to the VW
dealer where it was installed or should I call clarion?

   Please Help Save My Birthday Present!   Thanks, -Mark Arnold