Re: GLX experiences

>> From igtc.COM!owner-jettaglx Wed Apr  2 22:07:31 1997

>> >for a while, the squeak disappears, but there is still a grinding
<snip>
>> >One more question: Are alignment problems common with the GLX?  I have

>my dealer put
>"sound dampeners" to fix the problem with my squeling brakes.  Haven't heard
>any noises with my brakes since.  Also, I've had my GLX for 11 months now and
>the alignment is good.
>
>Jay

My first (1995) GLX had rear axle alignment problem that VW could not fix.
Changing tires (Yokohama 509s - at their expense) helped initially, but as
the time passed by, the problem reoccurred.  At that time, service manager
told me that they replaced at least 3 sets of bad Goodyear tires on various
models of Jetta and Golf.

Brakes do make a grinding noise on both 1995 and 1996 models, although you
can hardly hear it if a stereo is on.  No squeaking, though.  Service never
did not acknowledge grinding noise.

Vojin