Re: GLX experiences

>>Date: Wed, 02 Apr 1997 17:13:43 -0500
>>From: David Elliott <dse@igc.apc.org>

>>One more question: Are alignment problems common with the GLX?  I have
>>a friend who had a Passat that went out of alignment way too often. As
>>of February (9000 miles) my car was veering to the right on flat,
>>smooth roads.  The car also pulls to the right on hard accelerations
>>-- a service manager said that's because the right wheel is the drive
>>wheel.  Should this be happening?

The only problem I've had in respect to this situation, is the crappy
Goodyears...for some reason, they like to wander all over the road...But
every time the car starts getting kinda squirrely, I can count on having to
add about 15lbs of air to two of my tires (frpas&reardr)...they usually
hold air fine for about a month or so, and then suddenly drop down 10lbs or
more...I think I'll make sure to replace the valve stems when I get some
real tires!...Just adding a little air makes it a whole new car again!

chip