Re: Sura over Barry

At 08:50 AM 4/15/2004, you wrote:
Bobby Sura? That would give us the two players in the NBA who
intentionally missed shots to give themselves triple-doubles. (Speaking
of that ... why isn't Sura the devil in high tops? What's the
difference? But Ricky Davis will never be forgiven.)

You know why....Because Sura looks like a boy you'd entrust your daughter to, and Ricky looks like a gangsta.

Anyway, Sura isn't the player Brent Barry is. He's a good player, and I
like him. I'd be happy to see him with the Celtics. But he's not as good
as Barry. Watch the Sonics sometime. Barry can dominate games at times.
Sura is similar in style, but he's not as good at anything as Barry is.
He's not as good a shooter, passer, floor general. He's good, and if the
price is right, great. But if you're just picking between the two
players, it's no contest.

I've always liked Sura as a player and wouldn't mind having him on the team. Heck, let's get both Barry and Sura. That would be a fun team to watch, 15 swingmen and all.

As a footnote, remember that draft? The Celts were sitting there with
around the 15th or 16th pick and their turn came up and everyone
expected them to go with either Barry or Sura - I was rooting hard for
Barry at the time. Instead, they surprised everyone by picking Eric
Williams. I was dumbfounded. So we've been drafting poorly for a long
time.

Mark, you're forgetting that EWill single-handedly got the Cavs into the playoffs, and subtracting him caused the Celtics to miss the playoffs.
Oh no, wait, it didn't happen like that, I was just having a senior (Peter May) moment.
Kestas