Charging... er being wheeled into playoffs

Strange thing happened on the way to lotto land.. with seven games to go and our Celts treading water holding a 1 1/2 - 2 game lead over the Cavs and 76s for the 8th playoff spot; our boys then real off 4 losses in a row and with 3 games left we clinch the last playoff spot. How wierd is that!!!!?????

The problem is that CarrObie and his merry men are in total regression, fighting with all the tenacity as the American backed Iraq security forces.... now that I think about it that is an insult to the Iraq security forces.

 The C's are in the playoffs!!!  And is that anymore than page 4 sports section news. Really, considering where the Celts are should they be anything more? If a tree falls in the woods and no-one is there sort of thing.

Here is what I hope for over the remaining 3 games or so:

I hope that Jiri and Pierce do not get many minutes as they both look beat. I think the physical and mental grind has taken its toll on thier games and deserve a break. Ricky seems fresh and unaffected (sort of a basketball version of Manny?) give the majority of thier minutes to Ricky and Jones. Also should not see Blount or Waltah except off the bench, in favor of whatever goofy combo of Hunter, Perkins and Mihm that dribbles out of Carrol's mind. Sprinkle a heavy dose of Banks and we have a 3 game in-season tryout/evals of players not seen without affecting our grand march into the playoffs. If I have to watch such a mess at least let me see the second tier players in meaningfull action so as a loyal member of the Celtic tribe (still not big enough to be a nation) I can see who should be staying or going. Besides, who is watching for anyone to get upset if we sat the starters, would anyone know?  Watch out for that tree.

Go Celts!