Hunter/Okafor

Interesting.  Both Hunter and Okafor are undersized for their natural position.  Each need to be two inches taller.  But I would take Okafor because he can block shots on most everyone, he can rebound and should be well above average in the pros.  He just has to learn how to manage his offensive game around 7 footers.  He's more like Alonzo Mourning than anyone else.

Likewise Hunter.  He has to learn how to adjust to taller defenders.  Still, I contend that Hunter is every bit the rebounder that any 6' 10" pf is.  With a little distance from O'Brien- dom, I think we can see that Coach O had weaknesses in player development--I'm being diplomatic here--and I suspect that next season a real coach will show us that Hunter's liabilities are minimal.

So, would I do Pierce for Okafor?  I would first try Davis and two or three # 1s.  But I would do the deal.

Okafor/Blount, LaFrentz/Hunter, Welsch, Davis, Atkins/Banks.  Not bad.  Cheers, Gene