On Friday, April 2, 2004, at 12:59 PM, Shawn Niles wrote:

If Ainge trades the draft picks for players, it will not be because of public pressure to win. It will be because he knows that it is the smartest thing to do. One thing Ainge does not do is bow to pressure and make moves solely based on that.

Looking at some of the mock drafts I wouldn't be surprised to see a last minute deal. Like every year someone drops far from their projected lottery pick. This draft is filled with so many "projects" that I'm sure there will be a frenzy atmosphere draft day. It's good to see Danny doing the leg work out there going to HS games and doing his homework. Once a project drops to the middle of the first round, and the c's are sitting there with 3 of the next 8 picks Danny will be in a position to broker a deal. If the freshman from Minny, Humphries is available at our first pick I hope Danny snags him. He's a scorer and not a pushover in the lane. I doubt he'll be there though.