RE: The Boston Celtics Mailing List Digest V11 #170

>Not sure if you are joking or not Jim. If not...

I was adding to the joke.  It is the media that reported that the coaches
felt Hunter was having trouble learning the defense and that is why he did
not play in the beginning of the season.

I would have thought that certain matchups, like against Rogers for example,
would be great situations for Hunter to log minutes.  He has a size problem
against 6'10" + guys for sure, but I attribute Blount's rapid rebounding
advancement from playing against Hunter in practice and finally learning how
to position oneself and box out around the basket.

Hunter is undersized in the NBA as a PF, IMO, but you don't get to be the
leading "anything" in the NCAA if you can't do that one skill well.  In this
case it is rebounding.  For a team that is outrebounded by double digits
most nights, giving Hunter more time on the court makes sense to me.  This
skill he has and how other players on the team learn from it, provides value
to the team even if he gets most of his time in practice.

<Jim