Brandon

This is a letter on the Celtics website that Brandon wrote. He addresses it to the Celtic fans.

Hey Boston! What a year it's been for me so far, moving to a new city, getting to be a part of one of the greatest franchises in all of professional sports, and finally getting a chance to show what I can do on the court, as we make a final push towards the playoffs.

I just wanted to check in with all you fans out there and let you how much we appreciate and need your support. As I travel through all the other NBA cities it's obvious that Boston has some of the most loyal and knowledgeable fans in the league. It's amazing how loud the FleetCenter gets during a big game.

For me, personally, it's been an up and down year, but that's what I expected as a rookie. I spent much of the first half of the season on the Injured List or on the bench. It was tough not contributing, but I understand as a rookie I have to pay my dues. I just tried to grind it out, work on my game and just watch and learn from the veterans. I tried to be a sponge, watching everything about the game and just learning how to be a professional.

Once I got my chance it was amazing. I just wanted to show everybody what I can do out there and prove that I can rebound at the NBA level. I think rebounding is huge when you're talking about winning games. It gives you more shots and cuts down on your opponents attempts, that's why rebounding is big to me and I take a lot of pride in it.

The highlight of my season so far had to be the game against Toronto when I got my first career double-double. It was just a great feeling to finally get the chance to play and come through like that in only my second start as a pro. After the game I was given the game ball, which the team is having painted in Celtics colors with the date and my stats on it. That's something I'll always keep.

I do have to thank one fan from Boston in particular who recently asked Charles Barkley what he thought of me in a chat on NBA.com. Charles said he liked my game and thought if I worked hard I could be a good player in the NBA. That meant a lot to me because Charles was one of the players I looked up to when I was growing up, and I try to model my game after his.

Speaking of working hard, I have a lot plans for the summer, and most them involve being in the gym. I'm really going to work hard on my jumper and my ball handling skills, but basically just try to improve every aspect of my game so I can come back next season ready to contribute from the get go.

Finally, I want to thank you again for your support and let you know were working as hard as we can to get into the playoffs. Hopefully I'll see you soon at the FleetCenter.

With sincere thanks and best wishes,

- Brandon Hunter

Get reliable access on MSN 9 Dial-up. 3 months for the price of 1! (Limited-time offer) http://join.msn.com/?page=dept/dialup&pgmarket=en-us&ST=1/go/onm00200361ave/direct/01/