Re: [Celtics' Stuff ] Re: Sixer game notes

Blount will opt out but leaving Raef exposed could be the best option. But
let me ask you this. Do you want to leave exposed your second best player? Do
you want to leave exposed the primary return for the Walker trade? Do you want
to leave exposed the fix to your greatest weakness? Do you want to want to
leave exposed a player, who if you tried to replace him, you would have to sign
him to a similar contract to what you just gave up? Do you want to give up a
player when you have present difficulties signing free agents and few talented
big guys are available for signing?

But if we don't have to pay Baker anything and we lose Raef, our total salary
would be 38 million. That would give us 7 to 9 million under the suggested
cap of 45-47 million. If we did lose Raef, we could also pass on Mihm to free up
another 4 million to give us a minimum of 11 million and up to 13 million to
offer someone.

So it could work. I guess that is the best option, provided that the
replacement player is good enough. For this scenario to work, you would be giving up
Mihm and Raef in addition to losing Blount.....

DJessen33

<< Blount is an unrestricted free agent after he opts out of his
 contract.  Doesn't that make him ineligible for the expansion
 draft?

 If so, that leaves the Celtics protecting their eight:  Pierce, Davis,
 Welsch, Mihm, Perkins, Hunter, Banks, and Atkins.

 They expose: Lafrentz, Stewart, Jones, and McCarty.

 Charlotte will not take LaFrentz.  If they take anyone it would
 probably be Walter from this group.

 No worries.

 --Andy >>