DJessen Net game notes

The other day when Carroll made his pronouncement about lineup changes for
rebounding and turnovers and talked getting minutes for Mihm, I think Carroll
was throwing a spitball and we all missed. First, we concluded correctly about
Hunter going to the pine but Carroll pretty much said as much. But the spit on
the ball was the stuff about Mihm. What Carroll was rationalizing was starting
Walter and playing him practically the whole game and his plan on reducing
Bank's minutes for Chucky to reduce the turnovers. You see, Carroll was
misdirecting on Mihm by saying Mihm's minutes will increase (ever so slightly) by
being Walter's backup. Therefore, Mihm's minutes will increase from his normal 14
minutes to 18 minutes. Now there will be games will Walter may get into foul
trouble. We will see if Mihm is the true backup or they go with JJ. Don't
forget, his moniker is Chris Mihminal Minutes.

I, for one, don't think Mihm plays that well with Blount. But it is
irrirating when Carroll does all this spinning......

I'm afraid, right now, I agree with PScottman that Hunter is the odd man out
for the expansion draft. Blount will not be protected because he is going to
opt out anyways. Raef will also be protected because it is so difficult to get
skilled big people. I had Chucky pegged as the guy to leave unprotected
because of his salary and ability but he seems to really have found a home and we
need to start the season next year without instability at the point guard spot.
I don't think Hunter, although talented, matches what Danny looks for in the
prototypical power forward so from a long term perspective, that hurts him
also. But it will hurt to give up a player like that with potential....

Danny continued with him being the most assessible GM around with some Q&A
with Tommy. Danny is also one of the most recognizeable competing with West,
Isiah and Bird.....

As for the discussions about Banks last night and how he fits in, here is
what I have to say. There is no doubt that the team plays ten times better with
Chucky in there. Marcus did spark an early run with his defense. But like Danny
said, the team was so lacking in leadership. These guys are playing offense
and uptempo basketball for the first time. They don't have the confidence in
the play, style or with each other without someone to hold their hand. Banks
can't do that right now and also has to learn how to be a NBA point guard. So why
not just shelf the Banks expectations until next year or a couple years from
now like we do with Perkins? We all agree how devastating Banks can be with
his quickness and he does have range. And we all lament how we gave up too
quickly on Billups and JJ. So let's put away those expectations and sometime in the
next couple of years, we will amazed how Banks now "gets it" or how much he
has improved and we will have truly talented point guard in our hands. Chucky
is for now, Banks is for later....

It is quite entertaining how Danny, at the beginning of the show, says he
needs to have Hunter, Mihm and Banks get meaningful, crunchtime minutes and
Carroll to go out and continue to do the opposite. Carroll has pointed out he is a
dead man walking and that his only motiviation is to prove to people that he
can coach in this league. He could care less about the Celtics long term or
even next year. That is why he may the pact with Blount. They would work as hard
as they could on short term performance to help each other get a better
job/contract next year. But I would have preferred that Carroll would have
concentrated on the developmental side of the coach. I will throw Carroll a bone by
saying that he IS teaching these guys offense and uptempo, fast break basketball,
something Obie would have to lookup in the textbook, Basketball 101. So he
has a lot on his plate and I give him credit for that.....

Dallas loses again which furthers our opportunity to get Nellie as our coach
next year. Nellie uncovers another gem in Marquis Daniels but that won't be
enough for Cuban. These guys have tuned out Nellie as he has reached his
expiration date for this gig. So continue to root against the Mavs but we are likely
have gotten the maximum drop for the draft pick. However, we have to combine
our physic (for you, Ray) powers against the Pistons because that pick is
getting out of hand low. We got to keep them under the Griz and Spurs.....

Walter shot (attempted) a gazillion threes last night....

The Cs could very well go 8-2 on these last ten games and end up just 4
losses worst than last year, just like Danny said at the beginning. And all the
fuss, hubbub, lamenting and gnashing of teeth over Obie leaving and the trades.
Now do some of you feel a little silly?....

DJessen33