Re: Blount

>>Well yes, but when you say something after including quoted >>text of mine, it appears to be in response to something I >>said. In this case, as if that was a point I was >>making.                                                          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
OK.  I guess I should explain my way of contributing to this list.  As I've said before, I don't subscribe.  I read the posts from the digest in thread form.  So, when I want to reply to a particular thread I've read, I copy a statement or two from that thread and use that as a jumping off place to continue what to me has been like a conversation.  Maybe that is where the misunderstanding came from.  It would be too time consuming for me to reply to each post individually, and I doubt anyone would want to open up endless posts from me anyhow.                       ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~                                                                                                    >>                     Back to the leadership thing. Excluding Paul as >>captain, who I think is being put in a leadership position he >>isn't well suited to -that's intended as cutting him a bit of >>slack, not a criticism, BTW because it's not his fault he's
 >>not suited to it and I do believe he is trying. Who would you >>say is providing leadership on this team, how, and why (why do >>you say that person not why are they providing leadership, >>although if you want to answer that...)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~                                                            Well, I don't know what's been done off the court, but I'm not sure I've seen anyone provide leadership on the court.  I think Ricky, of all people, tried to be a vocal leader in a way when he first came here.  He was doing a lot of patting on the back and giving pep talks during games.  But it's hard to do from the bench and it's really hard to do if your teammates sense a lack of respect from above (meaning Celtics brass, not the Big Guy upstairs).  I think Atkins has tried to show some leadership.  He has definately had a take charge attitude on the court.  I've seen him many times wave off players like Jiri and Ricky, when they've called for the ball.  But I don't have the feeling that he has the total trust of the team yet.  I think that could come before the end of the year, but by then I'm not sure what good it will do.       TAM

Do you Yahoo!?