Re: The Master

Aggree that Mihm "the master" should be better next year than what he has shown thus far, you can see the building blocks there when he is on the floor (athletic, runs the pick and roll well, blocks shots, rebounds, un-afraid to go to the hole w/authority). If he is motivated over the summer to work for starter to significant minutes and he gets an opportunity, he should be able to raise eyebrows next year. IMHO to get regular minutes, he needs to develop a reliable mid range jumper to augment his quick burst to the rim. Also be more subtle in the art of NBA, in the post, sumo warfare while playing D. If he does then he can become a weapon down low without running plays for him. I believe he can carve out an important role in providing "D" and board support for either PF Lafrentz or FA/Rookie PF or as a PF in support of Blount? or Perkins. He already is a good rebounder, though aggree he is picking up some sloppy to lazy tendencies of not blocking out as well as when he first came
 here. I know people are down on him and always want to compare him to what Blount is doing, but I like him not "instead" of Blount but as a cmplimentary player that should be on the floor with a Blount, Perkins and or Lafrentz when he comes back. What he lacks at this point is that jumper and experience.

Also aggree that it would be nice to keep Blount because he seems to be making great progress and a better fit as the team shifts to a more motion oriented, up tempo offense that takes advantage of his hussle, quickness and toughness under the boards. Question is can you replace what he brings plus address other weaknesses, in the draft, through trades or Free agency vs using all or most of MLE to keep him. Tough call at this point.

Go Celts!

Raymond Angelo Belliotti <belliott@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
As a committed supporter of Mihm The Master, I must admit he has regressed of
late -- whether because of reduced minutes or other reasons.
But did many of us think last year or earlier this year that Blount would be
as good as he has become? Even this year -- when he started improving his
offense -- his rebounding was poor and his hands were awful. While his hands
remain poor, his rebounding has picked up under the interim coach and the
Chucky era (never thought I would type that with a straight face). Mihm The
Master is not yet what he can be. I would like to retain Blount if we can, but
he seems to want out of Boston badly. If so, do not fear. The Master will be
better next year.

Raymond Angelo Belliotti
Distinguished Teaching Professor
Chair