Re: Zero Local Interest In The Celtics

----- Original Message -----
From: <wayray@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> Their TV ratings have bottomed out to an 0.4.  Women's College Basketball
> drew a higher rating than the Spurs game.

The Test Pattern is more fun than the Women's game.

> What will change things next season?
The return of Raef, a PF, and a healthy rested Yiri. Providing Blount stays
or the equivalent arrives.

> Certainly not a draft of
> not-so-ready-players, but with the real chance
> of the Celtics making the playoffs, that's a distinct possibility.
>
> The return of LaFrentz?  That will help, but he's not exactly an impact
player.

If that's your opinion I believe Raef will be a big contributor to the Celts
if he's healthy.

> A great free agent signing to excite the masses. That would be a step in
> the right direction, but at $5.1 million, options are limited.  I'd give
> Nocioni a shot, but there will be an adjustment period.

Celtic fans don't need a headliner, as long as the team shows improvement
and competitiveness.

> Marcus Banks improvement: But he's not a natural point guard.

Define natural.

> A Brent Barry trade: Not a star, but better than Banks or Atkins.

Depends what we have to give up for Barry. I'm not for it now.

> Ricky Davis packaged with draft picks to bring in a star
> or obtain a decent lottery pick: That may generate some interest.

Ricky is our highlite player but he didn't start which is a waste of talent.
He knows he's not a bench player and it inhibits his abilities to exceed.

> Trading away Pierce: Depends what you get for him.

NEVER

> Finishing in the Lottery and luckily moving up to one of the Top 3 picks:
> That would help.
>
> Bringing in Paul Westphal: Very slight nudge up on the radar.
>
> So, I'm not exactly sure what Ainge can do, and that trade for
> Atkins really screwed up a promising lottey pick. But it did help
> the Pistons out a lot.
> Ray

So if Ainge doesn't bring in Atkins you bash him for not getting someone to
help the team. Easy being a Fantasy GM isn't it?