rRe: The Boer/Boor Wars and the Charge of the Chickenshi-tees

Pierce on the block, eh Egg, a good idea. When you're rebuilding,
you can't be wishy-washy and do things half-way, which is what the
Atkins trade was.  Took the Celtics right out of a sweet lottery pick
and a possible franchise point, as you have to believe one of the Paul -
Livingston - Telfair trio would have been available there.

And it's hard to see a disgruntled Pierce wanting to stick around
for the Ainge plan to reach fruition.  Picking up a piece there and
a player here, just doesn't get the job done, unless you have
owners willing to blow up their salary cap and/or are like the Knicks,
very attractive to big time free agents.

You simply can't rebuild halfway - you've got to be bad and hope
you're bad in the draft years, where franchise players are available.

Ray