Re:Blount

At 06:30 PM 3/22/2004, Tammo29@xxxxxxx wrote:
>>>OK, in fairness, look at his concerns about everyone else being gone and
his reluctance to sign on here in another light - how secure is he going to
feel after he signs if he's about the only holdover not a superstar named Pierce
here and Trader Dan in charge? Wouldn't you prefer to go elsewhere by your own
choice, expecially when your play has made it likely there will be a range of
options open to pick from, including better money and preferred
environments?<<<<<

*********************************************************** I
don't think anyone questions his right to look elsewhere.

Oh I'm sure some do, but that wasn't my point, was it.

But there are more
professional ways to go about letting your feelings be known rather then
yapping about how you're out of here in the locker room and the team bus. How does
that help foster team unity? Wasn't it just a couple of weeks ago people
were talking about Blount showing leadership?

Well try it out on the people who were. It certainly wasn't me, if anyone was (I honestly don't recall it, but I don't read all of every post). I've been laughing at most of the names people were throwing out there as supposed leaders once they stopped poo pooing the very idea of that as an issue. While back to Blount, I'm the one who keeps saying that he's someone who needs outside motivation to perform.

 Wasn't it the Ricky Davis episode
that fostered a lot of those remarks?

Sorry, which remarks? Blount as leader? Good lord.

Now we hear that some teammates and
staffers haven't been very happy with one of those two guys. But guess what?
It's not Davis I don't know about any of you but I don't want my leader running
around talking about how he can't wait to leave.

Come on Tammo, that's pure straw man argument. You're smarter than that. Most people don't consider Blount a leader nor has he made any pretense to being one. Blame him for things he deserves, not that sort of set up nonsense. It also opens questions about why your hero, who IS officially tabbed team leader and calls himself such doesn't do more about the fellowship problems there have been all year, without even getting into things he's done that can be seen as counter to team unity.

Just goes to show how
little we really know about what goes on behind the scenes or about any player's
attitude on or off the court.

Absolutely true. Including what actually happened in the gym or on the bus or rumors about who teammates and staffers are and aren't happy with.

Kim