From: Josh Ozersky [mailto:jozersky@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, March 17, 2004 11:16 AM
To: R. Singh; Celtics@xxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: random things make you say Hmmmm

And as Russell demonstrated, it's individual talent that wins
championships.  Pierce's dribble is better than you portray it. Once he
starts wheeling and dealing with his back to his defender, he can be
stripped, but his ability to dribble drive is what makes him the star he
is.  His arms are so long -- freakishly long, really -- that he is
occasionally vulnerable, but only when trying to split double and triple
teams.  Limit him to three dribbles, and he can get by anybody.  I think
the whole thing with Pierce is about his bringing up the ball.  If he
sets up and gets the ball, he's the guy from two years ago.  If he tries
to attack from 23 feet out, the whole offense, including his own, dies
on the vine.  It's amazing to me that Carroll and Obie couldn't see
that.  Kestas makes fun of Tommy Heinsohn, but he's been seeing it and
saying it for years now.

Josh