Re: random things make you say Hmmmm

For these reasons I firmly believe that Ainge will not use all 3 draft picks. I think he will package at least 2 of them, along with a current player on the roster(Welsch?, Davis?, Mihm?), to try and bring back an impact player. He can then use the 3rd draft pick on a young big man if he likes. It is just too obvious that the last thing this team needs is three more very young players. Ainge has to realize this too.

From: "Josh Ozersky" <jozersky@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Mark Piotrowski" <markp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Celtics" <celtics@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: random things make you say Hmmmm
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 11:14:15 -0500

Just had a quick look at nbadraft.net....I can't remember the
last time I was this unexcited about a draft.  We already have
major development projects on this team who haven't gotten
enough minutes, and this draft seems top heavy with finesse
baby KG types and unproven point guards.  What I would like
to see is a Boozer-like animal, a tough-as-nails hungry, aggressive
player, with a ready made game.  A guard like this would be
good too, an Artest / Quentin Richardson type.  At the top,
Ekafor is the only prospect that turns me on, because a major
shotblocker is the one thing that could really turn the Celtics
around.  He's only 6 9" but so was Bill Russell.  As for the usual
crop of "next gasols" I think I'll pass.  Those guys need the ball
a lot to develop, and they won't get that in Boston.  Bring
me ready-made players at this stage, from good programs with
real coaches.  You can draft unskilled freak athletes with the
low picks.

Josh