how dumb

Screwed up for the first time? Just because the Celtics won those games doesn't mean Carroll was making the right decisions. Since Hunter showed the world that he could indeed play, and that he can rebound with anyone, Carroll has completely buried him -- four straight games now. Didn't see last night's game, but I will assume since the Celts were outrebounded by a dozen that Hunter could have helped in something more than six minutes.

Carroll consistently just forgets about people for whole halves or entire games. Hunter, Mihm and Jiri in particular, and it seems to have little to do with how they're playing. He's not getting Pierce rest, he's not getting the rookies experience, he'll play the same five for an entire half because he has a feeling.

I'm glad to see the Celtics open things up since O'Brien left, but there are thousands of coaches who could do that. I was torn between the Celtics making the playoffs or going into the lottery. I think now I have to root for the lottery, just so that meathead Carroll doesn't win a round in the playoffs and get an Obie contract.

STEVE O

So Carroll screwed for the first time in this run. It just was a mistake in judgment. He did the same thing with the Knicks but of course, they don't have the dominant big man so it was the right move then. I think that deluded his judgement. He lost the vision.