From: owner-celtics@xxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-celtics@xxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Celtic4Hire@xxxxxxx
Sent: Wednesday, March 10, 2004 10:52 PM
To: Celticsstuffgroup@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; celtics@xxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Celtics' Stuff ] who to protect for the expansion draft?

I didn't know this. This makes it more likely that LaFrenz gets put on
the
available list. Still, if you were going to sign a free agent, wouldn't
Raef be
the best guy for the Cs that you would sign? He would likely command the
same
salary that we are already paying him, or maybe a little less. Maybe
less a
year or so of total years. But that is the problem. So I guess I am
still
thinking that Danny makes Chucky available. I am probably wrong but it
is just my
opinion....

DJessen33

<< That's the bad news. The good news is the Bobcats are only allowed to

select
 one
 player from each NBA team. If a team has one of its players selected,
the
 team
 receives a trade exception equal to the player's 2004-05 salary. This
allows
 teams to replace a player lost in the expansion draft with another
player of
 comparable salary.  >>