Re: Baker

At 07:54 PM 3/4/2004, Douglas342@xxxxxxx wrote:
Well, I can't imagine why anyone else would sign him unless they have a
contract so ironclad that 10,000 lawyers couldn't attack it. Only if they have
a clause that he plays well or some such would I even think about signing him.
I'm no capologist, but would anyone want him for cap reasons? It's a sad
day when that becomes the case.

Douglas, I would guess you're making a wrong assumption. They get him for the veteran's minimum, same as any other waived player. The old contract is either the responsibililty of the Cs if the arbitrer rules against them (different hearing, not the Monday one) or is completely invalidated. That decision won't be for a few more weeks at least, but in no case does it go to the new team.
Kim