Re: Sons of Gene

Chucky Atkins as a key (the key?) to Celtic success?
I regarded him as a nondescript, dime-a-dozen point guard,
who got waxed by Kenny Anderson in the playoffs a couple of years ago. Now,
after a few games, we want to protect him in the expansion draft and don't
want to select a point guard in the college draft. Is Chucky that good? Or
have we become so accustomed to poor point guard play that the first guy we
earns more than 2 or 3 assists a game wins our hearts?<<<<<<<<<<<
 LOL!  I suppose it's a little more of the later, however Chucky is a much
better distributor than I gave him credit for.  The one thing that does bother
me, and I haven't seen it brought up as yet, was how he was getting burned
repeatedly by the likes of Tyron Lue, particularly in the first half.  Hard not to
be reminded of the Anderson/Atkins playoff match up. Then Banks came in and
it only got worse.  I just think that it's so important to have a point guard
that can play defense and keep his man in front of him at all times.  If you
don't have that then you had better have a shot blocker behind him.  Honestly,
we don't have either and that's why, although I love what he's done for our
offense, I'm not convinced that Chucky is the answer at pg and I'm becoming less
convinced that Marcus will eventually be either.

TAM