Curious, isn't it?

Ref Michael Henderson gets the heave-ho for three games (and it wouldn't
hurt if a few more of them experienced that situation, frnakly) and the
other refs rise on their hind legs and scream "62"...well...at least they
stopped dressing like a three year old at camp.

But it is curious that after the huffy comment from David Stern--and notice
he wasn't fined for HIS comments--that there's been zero comment about the
whole thing?  No outspoken support from the ref's union, no cries of dismay
from anyone wondering if the other ref's will really, truly face any kind
of "punishment" for their actions.  Like maybe watching three hours of
Violet Palmer redefining the word "incompetent".

Of course, there'll be not a peep from any of the teams--what better way to
guarantee your team won't have an "accidental" call blown at a crucial
moment?  So even the usually outspoken likes of Mark Cuban must seethe
quietly as the League once again tries to fool us into thinking there's
nothing wrong with the officiating.

Yeah, right.  Come visit me and give me money for that swampland I'm about
to sell you.

Why is such a big deal being made?  Because in the past, the NBA has
shielded the refs and tried to convince us they don't really make mistakes,
even in an age of slow-motion replay on high-definition digital widescreen
TV.  Suddenly, they reversed themselves for a day, to the utter shock of
everyone.  If Mark Cuban and Tom Heinsohn didn't drop dead of cardiac
arrest that day, they'll live forever.

It was as if God went on the air and said, "OK, yeah, I wasn't paying
attention and I thought no one would notice a duck-billed platypus as long
as Dennis Rodman was around.  I messed up."

All well and good, unless you happen to BE a duck-billed platypus.  Hey,
Denver, here's an idea for a new mascot...

Perhaps if the NBA hadn't insisted on putting their officials on a platform
so high you needed oxygen and experienced mountaineers to reach them, the
fall would not have been so graceless.  It would have been, ok, they're
human, let's fix it and move on.

But no one wants to be working for Denver if the miss the playoffs by a game.

And no one in their right mind wants to work for the Lakers at all.

Snoopy the Celtics Beagle